Sample Category Title
Stockfarm is a semi-scientific magazine for commercial and aspiring commercial livestock farmers who wish to farm more profitably by applying sound farming practices. Stockfarm is calendar driven and addresses topics ranging from feed and nutrition, to animal health, crops, grazing, breeding, handling and management. Sound information for farmers who are serious about their trade.
Read Stockfarm in February 2024
Considering that the economic viability of a cattle farm is largely determined by income from cattle sales, it is surely a major omission not to explicitly manage for both excellent rangeland condition and optimal cattle production. The February issue of Stockfarm tackles this topic head on, focussing on the sustainability and productivity of forage resources for cattle production, soil protection and biodiversity conservation. As always, we also include a wealth of industry-specific articles ranging from ewe synchronisation and copper toxicity in sheep, to the 60-year celebrations of Bonsmara SA.
Also look forward to the following articles:
- The auction catalogue: Key to unlocking wealth.
- Climate change and the livestock producer.
- Judicious use of agrochemicals on dairy farms.
- Learners show their mettle at Farm Skills Schools Competition.
- Colin Engelbrecht of WRSA: The game industry deserves more recognition.
- Management of temperate forage grasses.
- Effect of fungicide treatment on silage production.
- Evaluating the body condition of ewes.
- Creep feed for your beef calves.
- Protect your livestock from two-host ticks.
- Rift Valley fever: In check, but for how long?
- Illegal foreigners in your employment.
- And much more!
Stockfarm is available from your nearest retailer or become a subscriber today! To subscribe phone Beauty Mthombeni on 064 890 6941 or SMS ‘Subscribe’ and your phone number to 064 890 6941 and we will get back to you. The magazine is also available at www.magzter.com and can be downloaded as an interactive flipbook at digimags.agriorbit.com.