Stockfarm is a semi-scientific magazine for commercial and aspiring commercial livestock farmers who wish to farm more profitably by applying sound farming practices. Stockfarm is calendar driven and supplies information that is applicable to a particular season and particular circumstances. The magazine addresses topics ranging from feed and nutrition, to animal health, crops, grazing, breeding, handling and management. Sound information for farmers who are serious about their trade.
Stockfarm July 2017
Read Stockfarm in July
The July edition of Stockfarm is dedicated to the Brahman breed. Aspects such as crossbreeding, heterosis, nutrition, health and management is addressed.
Look forward to articles on:
- The Brahman as a sought-after breed for crossbreeding
- Brahman farming in Namibia
- Fracking in the Karoo
- Wool classing
- Measured performance in Brahman breeding
- Intensive versus extensive farming systems
- The Brahman’s potential in the feedlot
- The pros and cons of crop residues
- Holistic high-density grazing
- Sampling and analysis of silage
- Crossbreeding terminology
- The impact of malignant catarrhal fever
- Conical fluke
- Animal recording in the Brahman industry
- Brahman tattooing and branding
Subscribe to our digital version
Stockfarm is also available as a digital magazine. Please click here to purchase the digital version of the latest edition of Stockfarm.