Stockfarm is a semi-scientific magazine for commercial and aspiring commercial livestock farmers who wish to farm more profitably by applying sound farming practices. Stockfarm is calendar driven and supplies information that is applicable to a particular season and particular circumstances. The magazine addresses topics ranging from feed and nutrition, to animal health, crops, grazing, breeding, handling and management. Sound information for farmers who are serious about their trade.
Stockfarm November 2017
Read Stockfarm in November
The national minimum wage is a much talked about subject and one of those things that producers simply have to accept and live with. In this edition we don’t debate what is right or wrong, but rather how the situation should be handled – how the wage impacts on the agricultural industry, what it is costing us and how producers should manage this cost.
Look forward to articles on:
- ALFA 2017 feedback.
- Feedback from the annual Eastern Cape Communal Wool Growers’ Association congress.
- High impact priority programs for emerging farmers.
- A visit to Bryce Jooste of Stey Braes.
- A visit to Tshilidze Matshidzula of the Barnet Trust.
- The connection between nutrition and pulpy kidney.
- Nutritional requirements of beef cows in the mating season.
- Overwintering on sourveld in the Eastern Cape.
- The advantages of production measurement.
- Effective management from calving to conception.
- The danger of rabies.
- Viral diseases.
- Tax allowances.
- Heat stress control.
Subscribe to our digital version
Stockfarm is also available as a digital magazine. Please click here to purchase the digital version of the latest edition of Stockfarm.