This week Plaas TV brought viewers more interesting content, and this is #flashbackfriday. Below is a recap of the week’s episodes:
- New rules for para-veterinary professions are set to be a ‘game-changer’ for animal healthcare in South-Africa. Dr Nandipha Ndudane explains what these new rules will entail.
- Wanneer nuwe reëls wat onlangs afgekondig is in werking tree, sal veeartsverpleegsters hul eie praktyke kan begin. Sr Erika Bornman gesels met Plaas TV oor die voordele hiervan asook oor die beroep in die algemeen.
- McCain Foods Limited recently opened its “Farm of the Future Africa” in Lichtenburg, North West. This is only the second research facility of its kind in the world and the company hopes that it will help to gain a better understanding of regenerative agricultural practices and its impact, costs and benefits. Watch this insert for more information.
- World Food Safety Day is being celebrated today and it promotes the fact that food safety is a shared responsibility. Plaas TV attended the fourth Food Safety Summit at the Premier Hotel OR Tambo in Kempton Park where we spoke to a few roleplayers regarding this important topic.
- June is World Avocado Month as proclaimed by the World Avocado Organization, of which South Africa is a member. Derek Donkin from SAAGA gives some insight on the 2023 season and how our avo producers are currently performing.
- It is #ResearchFriday which means it is time to once again become acquainted with the research projects conducted by the team at the Agricultural Research Council. This week we visit the ARC-Biotechnology platform campus in Onderstepoort to learn more about their work.
- CropLife SA recently held a media information session in Pretoria. The session aimed to provide information about many of the issues facing the plant science industry as well as addressing some consumer concerns. Plaas TV also attended this session – watch the insert for more information on this.
Did you know that Farm TV has a Facebook page? Visit our page at https://web.facebook.com/PlaasTV/?_rdc=1&_rdr to stay up to date with the latest agricultural news and topics!
Click on the YouTube channel’s link to watch Farm TV’s episodes again: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8UyKudlhB1OzbEcSRO1S3A
Plaas TV/Farm TV was launched in June 2020 and provides top quality and factually correct agricultural news and content. Click on the link above to view all Plaas TV’s content of the past two years. From agricultural shows to the history of Pinotage wine, Plaas TV covers all corners of the agricultural sector.