Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
This week Plaas TV brought viewers more interesting content and this is #flashbackfriday. Below is a recap of the week’s episodes:
- Welcome to another episode of Plaas TV. First in line is Simeon Hurwitz about Hurwitz Farming‘s upcoming production auction. He elaborates on what buyers can look forward to.
- Agriculture and climate change are inextricably linked and many producers in South Africa are already making use of climate-smart practices. Today we meet one of these producers, Matthew Morgan – our last finalist for the 2022 Veeplaas Climate Smart Ambassador.
- Welcome to another episode of Plaas TV. Today we will focus on silage. Environmentally sustainable silage practices are critical to agriculture and its importance has given rise to Plaas Media’s annual Santam Agriculture National Silage Competition. The competition aims to provide all entrants with a detailed, individualised report on the quality of the silage they entered. Labworld, a division of Philafrica Foods, has been contracted to conduct the sample testing. Plaas TV recently visited Dr Elrisa Taljaard and her team of experts at Labworld to explain how the testing of the samples are conducted.
- Die BKB Merino Classic word onder die vaandel van Merino SA aangebied en vind in September by Nampo Kaap plaas. Pierre Vlok van BKB sluit later by ons aan en ons vind uit wat is op vanjaar se agenda.
- Summer is nearing, and we all know what that means – flies. They aren’t only a nuisance to us but can also transmit diseases among pig populations. Luckily, Elanco Animal Health has the answer – an effective fly control system. Stay tuned for more on this.
Did you know that Farm TV has a Facebook page? Visit our page at https://web.facebook.com/PlaasTV/?_rdc=1&_rdr to stay up to date with the latest agricultural news and topics!
Click on the YouTube channel’s link to watch Farm TV’s episodes again: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8UyKudlhB1OzbEcSRO1S3A