This Crispy Asian cabbage salad with toasted noodles, almonds and seeds, is complimented by an Asian style dressing made with honey and soy sauce. Use a variety of cabbage for a colourful salad. We served it with salmon fishcakes, look out for the recipe that will be coming soon.
4 cups cabbage, finely chopped
4 spring onions, finely chopped
1 handful almond flakes, roasted
1 handful sesame seeds, roasted
A sprinkle of sunflower seeds
1 packet of 2-minute noodles, roasted
1 green apple, finely chopped
2 tablespoons soy sauce
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup sunflower oil
1/3 cup honey
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 lemon, juiced
- Roast the seeds, nuts and noodles (broken up into smaller pieces) in a pan over braai and set aside.
- Cut up the vegetables and mix together.
- Pour ingredients for the dressing in a jar and shake well.
- Add dressing to the salad and toss.
- Serve immediately. – Esmarie Moodie, Farm fare