The Animal Feed Manufacturers Association (AFMA) will host the very first Intervarsity Writer’s Cup on 18 September 2017. The competition will be launched at the 50th South African Society for Animal Science (SASAS) congress just before the ever-popular Veeplaas SASAS student quiz. There are several cash prizes up for grabs as well as your article being published in the prestigious AFMA Matrix quarterly magazine.
The purpose of the AFMA Writer’s Cup is to encourage a high standard of writing in research articles among animal nutrition students by creating a platform for students at universities and other tertiary institutions to showcase their work. Students must submit their research articles to the editorial committee of industry experts. Articles stand the chance of being published in each of the quarterly editions of AFMA Matrix and will automatically qualify for the final round that will be announced at the 2018 SASAS congress.
Why you should enter
- Winning authors of the first round will receive a cash prize of R2 000.
- In the final round the winning author will receive R7 000.
- The lecturer or promotor representing the student will win a cash prize of R7 000.
- The University or other institution that the winner represents will win a cash prize of R10 000 as well as a floating trophy.
- Students will have the opportunity to showcase their work locally and internationally.
The AFMA Intervarsity Writer’s Cup is open to all final-year and post graduate students of any university or other tertiary institution that offers animal nutrition. Entries can be submitted after the launch at the SASAS congress that will take place in Port Elizabeth at the Boardwalk Conference Centre from 18-21 September 2017. Details of the competition will also be specified at the launch. –Ursula Human, AgriOrbit